It was late in the evening when we three brothers (Sudan Dai, Binay Dai, and I) arrived at TIA for our trip to Boston on September 30. My mind was rife with worries but was merry at the same time. It was a very different feeling than what I had felt for the first time. After the 5 hours flight to Doha, 7 hours of transit at Hamad International Airport, we flew to Boston early in the morning. After flying for more than 11 hours, we reached Boston Logan International Airport. Everything seemed amazing when we were out of the airport.
Early in the morning next day, after a few minutes of traveling, I was searching for the red building from the side windshield, the one where most of the visitors from Nepal used to take photos and post them on social media as ‘First Day At Office.’ The first day at the office was different than what I had expected. It was quiet and more professional compared to our Nepal office. We also received a warm welcome.
The major events/works which I have done during my stay are:
- Work at the office during office hours
- Hangout after office hours in the extended stay
- Dashain party at Pratap’s home (Thank you so much)
- Hiking at Vermont with (Jebin Dai, Pratap, Adit, Sudan Dai, and Virgil Miedema uncle)
- Deerwalk Ascend 2019 first-ever client meetup, (It was a great opportunity to learn the business perspective, and I’m grateful to meet different client representatives and learn from them as well.)
- Dashain party at Rudra Dai’s house, (Thank you, Dai and Muna Bhauju)
- Dashain/Tihar Production QA task (at Nepal time). It was really fun to work with Sanjeev Dai and Sudan Dai. Also, thank you, Chandra, for your help.
- Visit to Texas (Huston, Galveston, Austin) with lovely Didi, Bhinaju, Bhanja, and Bhanji
- Party at Awanish Dai/Neeraj Dai’s home. (Samosa was delicious, Bhauju.)
- Visit to New York. It was really fun to travel with you, Sudan Dai and Binay Dai.
- Momo party at Bipul Dai’s home. Thank you, Rosina Di and congratulations as well as best wishes.
- Boston Celtics vs. Milwaukee Bucks at TD Garden. Thank you, Dave, for the tickets and everything.
It was the first time that I was far from my family during the big festivals, even the bright lights and graceful city were able to make me forget about family and home.
Away from home, one comes to understand what “home” actually is and what it means.
Finally, thank you Nepal office for providing me with an opportunity to visit the head office. Thank you, everyone, in the US office for having me there. Sudan Dai and Binay Dai, you both were amazing and thank you for making this trip more joyful and memorable.
One Look Is Worth A Thousand Words. — Advertisement of Piqua Auto Supply House, 1918.
[Achyut Kumar Bhattarai, Senior Data QA Engineer at Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd. Nepal, visited Deerwalk Inc, USA, from October 01, 2019 to October 31, 2019]