Description: This method of hanging large amount of corn is found throughout the hilly villages of Nepal. They call it “Makaiko Thankra” in Nepali.This is meant to preserve the corn for long period of time so that they can use it for different purposes of food through a year.
I took this image during my visit to the Temple of Manakamana in the district of Gorkha. For me this image is like a portrait of typical village of Nepal.
Life in Nepal
- Empty Boats in Phewa Lake (2)
- Trumpeting Through Ages (5)
- Nepal’s Two Best Software Companies? (50)
- Hiking from Lubu to Lakuri Bhanjyang via Panauti (12)
- Lava Kaflewoow the perfect moment then -6 days 2 hours
- Hiking from Lele to Taukhel via Pathibhara (1)
- SawanThis was a long but memorable hike. Thanks to all the fun... -8 days 23 hours
- Hiking from Kande to Panchase via Pokhara (14)
- KanchanHiking in the rain……. -12 days 5 hours